Grants are for artists, arts teachers, non-profit organizations or schools seeking funds for an arts or cultural project, event or program that target underserved populations and serve individuals and groups such as: Title One Schools, veterans, seniors, minorities, people with disabilities and areas with low-income populations. Allowable expenses include: artist fees, supplies, class/registration fees, travel, exhibition/performance expenses, education or professional development experiences.
- Must be a West Valley Arts Council Roster Artist, Affiliate or Current Arts Education Partner. Check with WVAC staff to see if you qualify or to be added to the Roster program.
- Organizations must be a non-profit, tax-exempt 501 ( c ) (3) organization or school.
- Projects or service must be located in the West Valley (defined as west of Interstate 17).
- The WVAC logo and/or name must be included in publicity and documentation.
- Projects involving the construction or renovation of facilities, other capital expenditures, and reduction of debts are not eligible for funding assistance.
- Projects can begin August 1, 2016, and must be completed no later than February 28, 2017 or by August 1, 2017 if planning to re-submit for the following year.
- No grants will be given to support fundraising events or be used for cash prizes.
- Only one application will be accepted per artist, organization or school.
- Grant awards will be $500-$1,000
DISTRIBUTION OF FUNDS & FINAL REPORT
- Final report will include a typed narrative and actual accounting of funds spent.
- Final report must include up to 3 examples of publications and material that show the West Valley Arts Council (WVAC) as a supporter of the project, (flier, website, eblast, blog, paper, etc).
- Funds must be used to pay the costs of the project as specified in the application. Any unused funds must be returned.
- Artistic Merit
- Impact on the Targeted Population
- Ability to Complete Project/Activities
- Applications must be typed using the provided form.
- Submit 3 copies of entire grant package (see Grant Application Checklist). Application form must include original, handwritten signature.
- No handwritten, incomplete or late grant applications will be accepted.
DEADLINE FOR GRANTS
- Applications are due in the WVAC office by July 20, 2017 by 4pm
- The WVAC office is located at: West Valley Arts Council, 16126 N. Civic Center Plaza, Ste. #102, Surprise, AZ.
No more than 2 pages. Be concise when answering the questions.
DESCRIPTION AND ARTISTIC QUALITY
- What is the project/activity to be funded and how will the funds be used? Where does it take place? List location and dates. Who are the artists and/or artistic resources involved? (include resumes)
- For Organizations and Schools: What is your organization’s mission statement? How does the project/activity support your mission statement? Provide a brief description of your organization.
ABILITY TO SERVE THE NEEDS OF THE COMMUNITY
- Identify your target audience. How will this project/activity serve their needs?
- Please list 3 main goals and outcomes. Include the anticipated number of people your project is expected to serve.
ABILITY TO COMPLETE PROJECT/ACTIVITY
- What are you plans for marketing and promoting the project?
- How will you evaluate this project?